Friday, July 8, 2011

Intermountain Organ Donation press conference and still just waiting.........

We spent the morning doing a press conference for Intermountain Organ Donation.  We met this guy, Sean Coon, that received a heart transplant in 2006.  He owns a motorcycle shop in Sandy, that's where the press conference was held.  Every year they do a benefit ride, this year they raised $8,500 and donated it to Intermountain Organ Donation.  They asked Abby to be a part of it because they wanted someone that was on the transplant list.  It should be on channel 4 and 5 tonight, they said it would be the early news, so 4:00, 5:00 and 6:00.  Abby also did a small interview that Intermountain will use when they educate kids in schools about organ donation.  She did great, I think it felt good for her to be able to give something back, or to do something for someone else.  We've had so many people helping us, it was good for us to be able to do something for someone else.

Other than that, things have been pretty quiet around here the last couple of days.  We've had lots of people stop by and get their "Team Doman" shirts and visit us.  Remember, they're $10, so just bring your money with you when you come.  Thank you to all of you that have bought one, everything helps.  Also thanks to the St. George Lion's Club that is holding a yard sale in Abby's honor this weekend.  I don't have all the details, but from what I've heard....it's going to be good.    Thank you everyone for your continued help and prayers.  I also think I've found a temporary place for our dogs, thanks Krista!  If my dogs don't get along with hers, I'll be looking again, so cross your fingers that it all works out.  Thanks to all of you that were concerned for them and offered to help so we wouldn't have to sell them, that's one less worry for us.  Also, thanks to everyone that emailed Abby, she loved it....it helped to keep her busy.  Her email again is abby.doman@yahoo.com, she loves messages.

We also saw the doctors today, they said everything still looks about the same...so that's good!  We don't do too much each day, Abby just gets tired fast, but she feels good.  I'm rocking the nursing, it's actually pretty easy, it just took some getting used to.  I think Abby trusts me now too! The waiting and anticipating is horrible.  I don't think I'll be able to relax until I get the call that her heart is here.  It's like always living on edge, just knowing that something big is going to happen, but not knowing when.  I'm pretty sure that if it hasn't happened by the end of July I will have a nervous breakdown.....just another reason to get it here fast!!  Abby is much more patient than me, she just wants the perfect heart.  If the reason we're going through this trial is so that I will learn patience, then Abby will never get her heart, because I will never learn to be patient, so we should just give up on that lesson and get her heart here now!!! 

Please keep texting, calling, emailing, facebooking, visiting, etc.  I'm very homesick for St. George and all of the people there....and Abby is too.  We've almost been here 2 months now, but it seems like forever. 

4 comments:

  1. I have the news recorded! Just remember that the Bridges' family is keeping Abby (and you) in our prayers. Did my friend Ashlie Little contact you? Her little boy had a transplant at around two years old. Keep up the HOPE and FAITH cute Doman family!

    ReplyDelete
  2. They did advertise the yard sale or what ever it is on the radio so I assume it will be good! love ya miss doman!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We drove by the Lion's Club and saw a big Abby picture advertising for the garage sale. I wanted to run home and look for something to donate but I'd put it all in the one at Arrowhead. I hope it went went. The sign was cute. the waiting you're experiencing reminds me of Oh the Places You'll Go.

    ReplyDelete
  4. At Allconnect in St. George, we are all praying for your recovery. Our prayers are with you.

    ReplyDelete