Sunday, July 15, 2012

Wish Trip Day 1- Travel Day and Give Kids the World

    **Each day we were on our trip is written in a different blog post.  My posts are always so long anyway, I decided to break it up.  I tried to put the pictures with that day with the right post, but who knows!

 Talk about a long day!  We had to be ready to go and in the car at 5:45 in order to make it to Las Vegas in time.  I, of course, was up and ready to go early, I guess I was excited to get on our vacation.  At 5:15 am, I heard a knock on our front door. I was a little hesitant to answer, but I slowly opened the door and it was my dad.  He had been working in Salt Lake all week and wanted to be sure to see the kids before we left, so when he got off work the night before, he got in the car and drove straight to our house!  How cool of a grandpa is that?  He also gave each of them a little spending money for the trip, thanks dad! 
     We made it to the airport and through security without any problems.  We took the advice of some friends and Abby and I pre-boarded the plane and I wiped down her seat and everything around us, I wanted to be sure Abby didn't catch anything that first day!!  The flight seemed to last forever, but it was really only 4 1/2 hours long.  When we got there we were greeted by a representative from Make-a-Wish, it was awesome to see someone holding a card with Abby's name on it welcoming her to Florida!  She walked us to the rental car place where I made fast friends with the agent.  I made him laugh when I asked him how old you had to be to drive a rental because Britt and Brock were wondering.  When he said you had to be 25, I replied with, "Wow, it's a good thing we didn't come last year then, or we wouldn't have been able to get a car because none of us could've driven!" Ha!  Sometimes I think I'm so funny, he really did laugh though!  He asked us what kind of car we wanted, and I had had my eye on this sweet, brand new Camaro convertible since we walked into the place.  I pointed to it and said, "how about that one??"  He said, "It's yours!!"  Woohoo!!!  I was in heaven.  We were on our way to the Give Kids the World Village.
     We ate dinner at the village and the kids wandered around and ate ice cream while I had my orientation and got all of our passes for the week.  Then we were off to Disney World and our hotel, The Polynesian.  By the time we got there and checked in and walked to our room, it was 10:00 Florida time, which means..............FIREWORKS at Disney World, and guess what??? we had the perfect view from the balcony in our room!   Then we tried to sleep, but we were all so excited that mostly we just stayed up late laughing!!  It was a perfect start to our trip. 



I know, it's perfect for me!!


I'm not too sure about this, but I think the Candy Land princess kind of liked having this picture taken!



Hmmmm.......no comment!

........no comment, again!

This is inside the Magic Castle. 







I was worried my kids were too old for the GKTW village, I guess yo're never too old!




No comments:

Post a Comment