Thursday, May 19, 2011

update.

Abby just went in for surgery.. they are doing a cath test to check the pressures of her heart so we can know exactly what the next step is. she then is getting surgery to get a defibrillator (pace maker) so that if her heart stops again it will shock it to make it start again. her memory is not good at all. she keeps asking what day it is, and how long she has been here, but most of all she keeps asking for a drink of water. she has probably asked my mom a billion times. she can't have any water, because of the surgery. she doesn't know what happened, or where she is. she remembers who most people are, but forgets she has seen them before. because she can't have any water, and we continually say no, so she tried a different liquid like milk and gatorade. we are just hoping she doesn't ask for beer or alcohol. when we took her down to surgery there were pictures on the wall and she said "are the pictures supposed to be moving??" ha she was so out of it. the doctors say her condition is congenital so me, my brother, my mom, and our extended family are all getting tested with an echocardiogram. scary stuff. this is just for an update, and we will know more when she gets out of surgery. thanks for all your prayers and love.

9 comments:

  1. Thanks for the continuous updates! We are all sending love and prayers your way! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. i prayed for you abby and your family please get better

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope nothing else happens to anyone else !! I love you guys and am constantly praying for you all ! Even when I don't look like I am praying, I secretly am. I love you guys and really want all of this to go away so you can come back and we can go get ice cream again ! Get better soon please !! Love you guys !

    ReplyDelete
  4. Is everthing okay???? Can abby remember anything or anyone??? get back to us soon thanks..... loves and prayers to abby jane doman.......

    <3 Ali Wheeler and Mckayli White

    ReplyDelete
  5. Chin up B-Dog!:) Love you tons! Prayin for all you guys. sis and fam. Dont know her but give her a hug for me will ya? Thanks:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for the update Britt. We are praying for your family from clear over in South Carolina. Hoping recovery happens fast. Love ya

    ReplyDelete
  7. feel better k? Me and alot of other peeps r praying for u :P. Give abbie hugs and my best wishes for me
    GET BETTER ABBIE!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hang in there Abby!! We miss you and love you!! See you SOON!

    ReplyDelete
  9. It is funny how things like this can seem like a blessing. I believe that you all have been watched over so carefully at this time. Keep up the good recovery Abby, and Michelle, give all of your kids a hug from me.

    ReplyDelete