Tuesday, May 31, 2011

May 30th-a Grateful List

Not too much to say about yesterday, just kind of the same old stuff. Abby spent lots of time with her cousin Mina-thanks Mina, I know you were probably bored, but Abby loves you! We had lots of visitors again, which breaks up the days a little bit....thank you. I got to show Britt my amazing foosball skills in the kids zone, she never knew I was a mean foosball player, I bet her new goal is to be as talented as I am, lofty goal, but something to work towards Britt :) Since things are pretty stable now, I'm going to write a grateful list for today's blog. Hopefully this will help me put things back in perspective a bit.

Things I'm grateful for today:

-It's payday
-It's not raining, finally. The first nice day since we've been here. Makes everything a little better.
-I had a pretty good night sleep last night, better than most. I still feel exhausted, but I did sleep
-Britt staying here to help keep Abby busy, they are having a blast together.
-Brock has football camp today. Hopefully this will take his mind off of being here with Abby.
-Meri, my sister, for taking care of all of the financial things happening back home. This was just too much for me to think about right now.
-Whitney and DeeDee for helping me get ready to move into our new place. It's going to make moving so much easier.
-The doctors here are so knowledgeable. I know we are getting the best possible care and that they know their stuff. I never have to worry about what they're doing.
-The nurses and techs love Abby and always take perfect care of her.
-All of the people that are helping us in so many ways right now. The fundraisers are incredible, I just can't believe everything that is happening.
-Abby feels good right now, she has no pain and is happy. She is not scared of anything either, she has complete faith that everything is going to be fine.
-We can maintain our humor through this. This is important because it's who we are.
-Mama Thacker and Mama Cozz. enough said.
-That Britt and Abby are going to watch the Justin Bieber movie every day until Abby has her new heart-Okay, I'm not grateful for this at all....I just wanted to add it to the blog :)
-Our knowledge of the gospel
-All of my friends and that they knew last night that I needed to talk to them. It was almost like they called each other and set up a calling schedule. I was able to just sit and talk for about 2 hours, just what I needed.
-I didn't wake up with a broken neck today, first day in a long time
-All of you. We would be lost without your support and prayers.

*******Most important-That Abby is here with us today and that miracles do happen!

Please pray today that Abby's INR levels stays between a 2 and a 3 so we can leave the hospital tomorrow. Today is was a 2.6. I know you don't know what this is, but maybe you can pray for it anyway, so that tomorrow can be moving day!

2 comments:

  1. Glad you're having a stable day! So, is the Justin Bieber movie thing a punishment or a condolence prize? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your attitude of gratitude! I am grateful just to know you! I bet Abby's INR levels are stabilizing and will stay right where they need to be, and I actually do know what those levels mean due to the Pulmonary Embolisms I had before. I pray for you guys every day. Abby, you are awesome! Awesome Abby...Amazing Awesome Abby....Astonishing Amazing Awesome Abby....Admirable Astonishing Amazing Awesome Abby...(but wait, there's more!) Astounding Admirable Astonishing Amazing Awesome Abby,...Awe-inspiring Astounding Admirable Astonishing Amazing Awesome Abby...Okay, that's all I got. :) Did I say you were awesome?

    ReplyDelete