Tuesday, September 20, 2011

5 days in St. George and still another list of Thank you's!!

Yes, we are back in St. George!   We left for Salt Lake on Sunday night, went to Abby's clinic appointment on Monday, and then jumped back in the car and came right back to St. George.  We will be here until Saturday morning and then we are headed back up there again.  Lots and lots of driving, but lots and lots of fun too! 

Our 5 days in St. George last week was just awesome.  We were able to do things like take Brock friends and the girls to ice cream, visit with friends at the jv Desert Hills game (thanks for the Desert Hills "bling" Tracy-love it!"), go out for my birthday, swim with the 5 am "shut up and swim" group, watch Desert Hills beat Pine View (Sweet game, Brock-you're awesome), let Abby hang out with friends (much needed, she's getting sick of me!), go to church, Have a Utah/BYU party and see the Utes stomp all over BYU (yes, this was fun, actually funny too, a real highlight of our weekend!), roast marshmallows with the kiddos and their friends, and attend two amazing events that took place for Abby. 

The first was the 7th grade boys football teams.  They played in honor of Abby, wore red bands on their legs, spray painted "A D" in red on their arms, had a donation box for Abby, and honored her in between their two games.  They gave Abby a #12 Desert Hills jersey to wear (12 for July 12th which is when Abby received her heart!), and a thunder necklace.  Abby loved walking out on the field with all of the boys and getting her picture taken with them.  Thank you, Erin, for thinking about us and putting all this together  for Abby.  We loved it and appreciate it....and both teams won too!!!   The second event was at Zumba Warehouse.  I can't believe how many people showed up and how happy everyone was when we got there.  It just looked like everyone was having fun!  Thank you Raelee for organizing this, and thank you to all of you that went and did Zumba for Abby, I think it was a huge success!!  I will post pictures of both events later today.

I also have a couple more thank you's I need to give today.  First to the girls from Sunrise Ridge that had a bake sale for Abby last weekend, thank you, you are the best!!.....and the anonymous person that dropped off money for us at the bake sale....WOW!! A thank you isn't even enough, we appreciate you.  I also want to thank everyone that has donated through the paypal link at the top of the blog.  I had forgotten about this because I didn't set it up and I'm not in charge of it, but when I found out how much has been donated, I felt so ungrateful.  I hadn't thanked any of you.  Then I tried to find out who the people are so I could personally thank them, but there were many people that I don't even know.  I've said this before, but it needs to be said again, people are naturally good and want to help others.  We are so grateful for all of you, it's been 4 months now since we ended up in Salt Lake and there are still things happening for us.  It's just an incredible feeling.

For those of you in Salt Lake that have been wanting to do something to help, you have the chance this weekend.  On Saturday  from 2:00-8:00 is the music festival at Soda Row in Daybreak, Just west of Bangerter Highway on 11400 South.  My cousin Robb and his wife Melissa have spent lots of time on this and it's going to be awesome.  My kids and I are planning on spending the whole day there.  There will be Team Doman shirts and wristbands, music-many bands will be performing, raffles, games for kids, and lots of good company, we would love to see all of you there.  Robb and Melissa-you are the best, thank you so much, we can't wait!!  I added some information at the bottom of this post.

As for Abby's clinic appointment yesterday, it was perfect again.  Last night Abby was oxygen free for the first time since May 18th.  Her echo couldn't look better and she's feeling good.  The plan is still in action....  Clinic next Monday, Cath/biopsy on the 3rd, move back to our house in St. George on October 4th.  We are getting close, it has been a long, hard 4 months, but we're finally getting close!!  I probably won't be updating the blog as much, I just don't have much to say.....I know that's hard to believe!  But we will keep you posted at least once a week.  Thank you everyone for all of your support and love, we are one lucky family.

No comments:

Post a Comment