Sunday, August 26, 2012

Abby's Make-a-Wish star-raising party


Last week we were able to make a trip to Salt Lake that wasn't for a clinic visit!  We got to watch Brock play football in Syracuse, well kind of play, his foot is still healing so he only played half the game, but played great while he was in the game, and then we had Abby's star-raising party at Make-a-Wish.  We were lucky because almost all of my family was able to attend, we were only missing my sister and her husband and kids.   We took some pictures to show the party!



Abby go to be the star of the day!

This is the table where everyone was able to sign Abby's scrapbook page that will always stay in the books at in MAW.  We can go back anytime and see it!


We spent some time watching Abby's trip video that Britt made.  We loved seeing the video and remembering all of the fun we had!

Abby's page, I love the pictures she chose!  This will be a great reminder of those who were able to attend her party.

Learning all about the history of MAW, what an incredible organization.

All of the stars.  Each one represents a wish that was granted to a deserving child.

We were able to show everyone the game we played that helped us determine Abby's wish.

The wishing room!  


Even though Abby didn't get her first wish, I think she got the perfect wish for her!  It all worked out perfectly!

Ab getting ready to raise her star, she chose an orange one because there weren't very many that color.


raising her star :)

The Lambert crew!  Thanks to everyone came to support Abby.  Next time we are in Salt Lake and my sister is there with her kids, we get to stop by and show them MAW too!


It was a great party, and I have to admit that I'm sad it's over.  We are so grateful for Make-a-Wish and all of the people that donated that made it possible for us to go on our wish trip.  The trip was a major turning point for me.  Up until then I was still feeling a little stressed out and lots of worry, but getting out of town and spending time just having fun, was exactly what I needed to get out of that rut.  I came home feeling completely refreshed and ready for what comes next.


Today, I also want to post a poem that I read on another heart mom's link this past week.  While I was sitting watching Abby play soccer yesterday, I was reminded of what an inspiration she is to me.  She has taught me numerous things this past year, things that I probably wouldn't have learned if we wouldn't have had the experiences we did!

Behind your scar

Sometimes I have those "moments",
When I think...life's just not fair,
Then I think of all you've been through,
.....And I see the scar you bear.

A faded line right down your chest,
Made with such careful precisioin,
We wanted you too have a chance,
Could there be any other decision?

And so I trace that "perfect" scar,
Made with the utmost care,
And I realize there is purpose,
Behind this scar you wear.

What have you taught us?
You've taught us how too face a storm,
(Something are just out of our hands)
Life has no handy guidebook,
(Things don't always go as you've planned)

People come into our lives,
(Sometimes it is just for a season)
But God brings them into our lives,
(And I know that He must have a reason)

Normal, uneventful days,
(The kind that we always hoped for)
These are the days I say, "Wow God",
We just never know what lies in store.

If I can place a feeding tube,
Without even getting distraught,
Perhaps, maybe, I might be...
Much stronger then I thought.

It's okay to be afraid,
And it's alright to cry,
It's okay to feel lost sometimes,
It's even okay to ask...why?

You face life with courage,
(Knowing God set you apart)
Every little thing you do,
You do with all of your heart.

No crystal ball exists for us,
(To see us through each strife)
We only have one wish for you...
An ordinary life.

You've taught us to love one another,
(Helping each other to cope)
You've taught us compassion for others,
You've taught us to never lose hope.

You already have quite a story,
Which you can someday share,
And I see it's beauty,
Behind that scar you wear.

Things are good right now.  We have been to school for two weeks now and other than some feet and leg swelling every day, Abby is still healthy!  We still even have another 10 days before we head  back to Salt Lake for clinic!  We're just hoping and praying this good luck continues!!

1 comment:

  1. I am glad Abby had such a great wish, it was exciting to hear how much fun she had. Looks like she had a super, star party at Make-A-Wish. It breaks my heart that I had to miss Isaac's star raising party, his sister got extremely sick the day before and it was too late to postpone it (and of course I had to take care of her).

    ReplyDelete