Thursday, November 24, 2011

I have never been so thankful!!!

I've been debating whether or not to do a post all day, I've expressed what I'm thankul for many times in this blog; but, I have to do it, I am just too thankful today not to.

I am thankful.........

That our scare at clinic on Monday turned out to be nothing.  Abby's pulse has been really high lately, then Dr. Tawny heard a gallop while listening to heart and he also saw a slight change in her echo....so, we had to schedule another last minute biopsy.  On Monday, my gut instinct was telling me that Abby was still in mild rejection and that we would be spending the week at PCMC;  But, on Tuesday, the biopsy came back clear!!  For the first time through all of this, my instinct was wrong....and I am thankful for that!  Although we had to spend an extra day in Salt Lake, it's okay, I would always rather play it on the safe side when it comes to Abby's heart.  This leads me to the next thing I'm thankful for...

Abby's doctors and the transplant team.  I'm thankful that they're thorough and that I can always trust them with Abby, I know that they'll do whatever it takes to take care of Abby.  I trust them completely.  I'm also thankful that when they walk in the room, I know that they care for us, not just as doctors/patients, but as friends too. 

for all of our new "heart" friends.  Wow, we are so lucky to have other people that understand, that know just what we are going through and how we are feeling.  I love being able to talk through things with you and to know that you "get it."  Thank you for reassuring me, talking me through the hard times, validating my feelings, and making me feel normal.  There are many of you that I haven't even met, but I still know you're there and that you care about us, and I hope that someday I can meet you and thank you personally and give you a big hug!  I don't know where we would be without all of you. 

for all of you, our blog followers.    I don't think you realize how much strength it gives me when I read all the blog comments, all the facebook messages, the emails, the texts, and the phone calls.  Just knowing you're out there and that you still care about us is the most empowering thing.  I'm shocked we still have so many followers, but I'm so thankful that we do!  Thank you for sticking with us and for realizing that we are still in the heart of this trial we're going through, it's nowhere near being over.

that I know that if we can just hang in there a little longer, things will get easier and easier.  We are still in that crucial time, it's only been 4 months since the transplant! 

for Abby's donor family for making the decision that saved Abby's life.  I wish I knew who they were, especially today, so that I could thank them for that decision and show them how amazing Abby is.  I just think that this would bring them comfort.  I still pray that someday, when the time is right, we will meet them.

For my kids-Britt, Brock and Abby.  Everything about them is incredible.  Even going through the past 6 months they've held strong and never lost sight of who they are.  I'm always proud of them and often look to them as my example.  I love how they are so protective of each other and would do anything to support each other.  Being around them and watching them interact just makes people smile!  They are perfect to me.

I am mostly thankful that we were home-all of us, this Thanksgiving.  It's so hard to believe that only 6 months ago we were sitting up at Primary Chilren's Hospital listing Abby for a new heart, and look where we are now.....who would've thought that we'd be home, together by Thanksgiving??

I am thankful today......just so incredibly thankful.

*Now if I can just get motivated to get out our Christmas stuff and get the tree up!  Usually it's done by Thanksgiving,  but I feel like we just got everything put away and I'm not sure I want to create another mess that eventually I'm going to have to put away!!!   Maybe tomorrow, or Saturday, or maybe next week, or the week after..........


4 comments:

  1. You don't know me - but I've been following Abby's story. and I thought about her all day today. Just want you to know that I am thankful for Abby's health and your wonderful family. Your story inspires me -

    Mary R

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh YAY im so glad everything is good with Abby. I have been thinking about you guys all week. Still keeping you in my prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I sure love all the heart friends support too. I hope to meet your guys someday. Get a pointsettia plant for Christmas and forget the tree. That's what we're doing. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Michelle, you definitely have your priorities straight when it comes to being thankful. I love checking in on the Doman family because you always lift me up! Your strength and optimism is so admirable. Glad you have your kids, glad they have you. Merry Merry to each of you! "Lesley's mom-in-law Kathy"

    ReplyDelete